Happy.Me - Bubble Tea

Chilling. Thinking. Dreaming. This is Bubble Tea's slogan.

Gourmet Coffee Bubble Tea mixology has recently opened up shop in the village green shopping centre - 127 Greenway road, Greenside. 

I often visit the Woolies there to do my grocery shopping as it is down the road from where I reside. I was very excited to know what this "Bubble Tea" thing was about as I watched it being set up and built during my trips to Woolies. The grass wall with the bright yellow Happy.me just caught my eye and I knew it was something I definitely had to check out. 



Bubble tea is also known as Pearl Milk tea or boba milk tea and is a Taiwanese tea-based drink invented in tea shops in Taichung Taiwan, during the 1980's. Most bubble tea recipes contain a tea base, minxed with fruit or milk. Ice blended versions are usually mixed with fruit or syrup, resulting in a slushy consistency. Most bubble teas come with small chewy tapioca balls, commonly called pearls. 



This past weekend my sister, brother and sister-inlaw decided to have a chilled session and try out the Bubble Tea. I opted for the Honey and Lemon clear iced and cold which consisted of Jasmine Crystal Iced Tea infused with Lime and Aloe Vera. I was quite impressed, the drink tasted fantastic, very refreshing and healthy! 

My sister tried the Milky Iced Lychee and Passionfruit Green Tea with Black Pearl and Coconut Crystal Jelly, while my adventurous brother went for Kiwi and Passionfruit Green Tea with Coconut crystals. 



I think the coolest combo was the one my sister-inlaw chose. This was under the Popping Pearl Fruit Tea Menue. How this works is that you choose a tea, a flavour and a popping pearl. She chose the Rooibos tea, Passionfruit flavour and Strawberry Pearl. 

We all really enjoyed our bubble tea's and will definitely pop by again for more, however we were all in agreement about the jelly in the tea's... Way too much! Also, the pearls used in the tea's are starch based, so if you're not a starchy person, I would avoid the pearl combo option. 



The menu is huge! and you are really spoilt for choice! Also the price of the tea is quite reasonable and ranges from R13.50 to R35.00. I think it's really worth trying and what I enjoyed about it most is that you can choosed between a milky or clear and hot or cold drink so it's ideal for people who love tea and coffee and perfect all year round through all seasons! 



If you stay in the Greenside/Emmarentia area, they also have a cute little tuk-tuk that will fetch you from home and take you directly to Bubble Tea FREE OF CHARGE! (how awesome is that?!)  So if you want to chill, think, or dream :) check out Bubble Tea for something sweet, refreshing and yummy!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The King of the jungle

Nostalgic

Papyrus pizazz- part 1